Friday, August 8, 2008

America's Got WHAT???

Talent? Seriously? I've done better than some of those acts at 1:45 a.m. at my local karaoke bar! (Planet Georgetown--shameless plug)

I know I know--it is Olympic Friday; but it's not even noon (surprised I'm up? Me too) and Olympic Fever has not yet reached its full deadly potential. If you're very good I might thrill you with some poignant social commentary on the whole China/Olympic thing tomorrow. Meanwhile, Free Tibet? I don't know what a Tibet is, but I'll take anything that's free.

So back to America's Got Talent. Well, okay, if you say so. To be fair, though, I guess there were a few choices those knuckle headed judges made that didn't actually boggle the mind. Some poor little blond thing singing and playing guitar; she was good. Now let me tell you why I am so annoyed. Sharon GD Osbourne totally mind-fucked this poor little blond thing by basically asking her if she thought she did well, and the poor little blond thing, who is, like at negative 6 on the self esteem scale, of course said "well, I could have done better" or something like that, and Sharon GD Osbourne goes on to yadda yadda yadda about the competition, or some such, and this poor little blond thing is sweating bullets up on stage, and Sharon GD Osbourne finally says "we've made our decision, and I think you know what it is"...and the poor little blond thing is like *gulp* and Sharon GD Osbourne goes "you're going through to Hollywood" and the poor little blond thing was like "seriously?" I mean come on. Was that really necessary? (Meanwhile, I'm sure the poor little blond thing has a name, but I'll be damned if I know what it is...) So it went on like that all night. The moronic judges screwing with people's emotions by saying things like "I'm afraid...you're going to Hollywood." and "I'm afraid...you'll be staying with us." and "Do you want to stay with us, or do you want to go home?" this to a little 4 year old. *scream*

Anyway, on a lighter note, the Last Comic Standing was that woman Aliza Schleshinger! (oh man, I will guarantee you I butchered her last name) (sorry) She was so funny and, while I'm sad the guy from Seattle didn't win, I wanted it to be her the whole time. Way to go.

I know I know. I watch entirely too much TV. And yes, that rat bastard Pizza Hut commercial aired 63 times in 3 hours. But, surprisingly, no Free Credit Report dot com (ba-by) commercials. Hmmm... *wink wink*

9 comments:

Joie Mayfield said...

LOL.

Does Sharon Osborne have any talent besides being married to Ozzy? I mean...it's America's Got Talent...and she's...not even American.

That show infuriates me anyway. I don't like it. I mean, I guess I could create new talent, like burping the names of the states and have my 15 mins of fame, but I'd just be mindfucked by Sharon Osborne...asking if I thougth I had talent.

originalkimmer said...

You know, sometimes I say "LOL" and I really only just crack a smile, but..."LOL" My daughter just came in and asked "What's so funny?" Sharon GD Osbourne is, or was, Ozzy's manager...does that count as celebrity status? Methinks not. Meanwhile, I'd rather be mindfucked by Sharon GD Osbourne than vagfucked by Ozzy...oops--when did we get so naughty? You're such a bad influence on me. Before I met you, butter wouldn't melt in my mouth. Filthy. ;-)

Joie Mayfield said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
originalkimmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joie Mayfield said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
originalkimmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joie Mayfield said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joie Mayfield said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
originalkimmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.